Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Writing Disability


I have a writing disability also known as Dysgraphia. My writing disability is one of the main reasons I stopped blogging. I have language based Dysgraphia Vs. the motor skill Dysgraphia. Language-based Dysgraphia affects my ability to correct my grammar, spelling, and word organizations. In order to make sure my post were grammatically correct and not to embarrass myself, my husband always did a grammar check on my work. However waiting two or three days for him to correct my post killed my creativity. This time around I’ve purchased Grammarly, a grammar check software. No software is perfect, but it will do for the moment.  I'm sure my first few post will be rough but after awhile I’ll improve. I just have to write/ post and learn from my mistakes.

Below is more information about Dysgraphia taken from DSF.Net.au website.


Dysgraphia that is caused by a language disorder may be characterized by the person having difficulty converting the sounds of language into written form (phonemes into graphemes), or knowing which alternate spelling to use for each sound. A person with dysgraphia may write their letters in reverse, have trouble recalling how letters are formed, or when to use lower or upper case letters. A person with dysgraphia may struggle to form written sentences with correct grammar and punctuation, with common problems including omitting words, words ordered incorrectly, incorrect verb and pronoun usage and word ending errors. People with dysgraphia may speak more easily and fluently than they write.
Information above provided by http://dsf.net.au/what-is-dysgraphia/

No comments:

Post a Comment